I want to be a museum curator. I am almost 40. i am an urban planner specialized in housing research and basic design. i love travelling. I love museums. I want to spend my time in a museum. I want to make research, design the next exhibition make plans and arrangements for it. I want to see people come and see what I brought together for them.
How can this happen?
I found a step by step guide on internet. Lucky me:)
here comes entry requirements for a position as a museum curator:
- an interest in and knowledge of a relevant subject area;
- accuracy and attention to detail;
- communication skills, both written and oral;
- information technology and web design skills;
- motivation and creative flair;
- influencing and negotiation skills;
- organisation, planning and administrative skills;
- project management skills;
- political awareness;
- research skills;
- teamwork and building relationships;
- a flexible approach to work.